For the second year, HashiCorp offers a Diversity Scholarship to help members of groups underrepresented in the tech and open source attend HashiConf EU (8–10 July, 2019 in Amsterdam) and HashiConf US (9-11 September, 2019 in Seattle, WA).
Applicants must be from groups recognized as underrepresented in technology, cloud computing, and open source communities. This includes, but is not limited to, those who are: LGBTQI, women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, experiencing poverty and/or food insecurity, formerly incarcerated.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Need: Will a scholarship allow applicant to attend when they otherwise could not?
- Fit: Does the applicant’s experience and interests fit with content of HashiConf?
- Impact: Is the applicant likely to make a positive impact to the HashiCorp community by attending?
The selection will be made by a diverse group of reviewers that are employees of HashiCorp. All applications will be kept confidential among this review committee.
Each event has its own application form:
- Apply to HashiConf EU. Deadline is 22 March EOD PT.
- Apply to HashiConf US. Deadline is 15 April EOD PT.
We look forward to your applications!
Originally posted on Hashicorp Blog
Author: Christie Koehler